Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NaPoWriMo #27 - Let Someone Else Take the Lead


For my dearly beloved,
Everything you could ask for and more
But not the thing you really want,
Really need...
Unnecessary things only
And things you don't want
Right when you don't need them...
You didn't actually expect more, did you?


----
Notes: February is my birth month. I chose it because it has so many things associated with it, and I didn't feel like writing an acrostic poem that was actually about myself.

I haven't written an acrostic poem since elementary school. They're not one of my favorites, but they're more interesting than I remember them being (and they accomplish the task of easing us into the final stretch quite nicely.... but let's not think about that. It's too sad).

3 comments:

  1. I like this, Michelle. We often give what we want to give, regardless if it's what the other wants or needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last line is my favorite. I like your approach to this prompt.

    ReplyDelete