Sunday, April 25, 2010

NaPoWriMo #25 - First Things First


I really hate this graphics project

"I really hate this graphics project,"
is what she said to me,
and though it's not in my nature,
I'm inclined to agree.

I don't feel like going,
there's nothing more to say,
but since the meeting's scheduled
I've got no choice today.

There are scant few minutes
til out the door I go
In those minutes I've written,
though it's not my best work, I know.


-----
Notes: Okay, I found out shortly after reading this prompt that I have to be at a meeting for a group project in a couple of minutes. (Meaning I have very little time to write this). Ironically, that means that the first thing I heard after the prompt was "I really hate this graphics project." So, this little poem/rant is an expression of my frustration.

4 comments:

  1. Hope the meeting went well. The comforting thing for me about this napowrimo project has been that everyone seems to have one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Катя! The meeting went tolerably well (meaning I didn't get home til after midnight, and we're still not finished), but I went, and we did get a lot done. I've just got to remember to look on the bright side of things. :p

    I agree with you, everybody in the napowrimo project has a couple of days where they don't have time to do their best writing. I've had a couple, and (given that next Monday is my last day of classes and I'm still nowhere near done) I'm bound to have at least one more. It happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle--You did what you had time to do, and it came out fine. This commitment to a poem a day is SOOOOO hard, and for me, it's been very time consuming, even when my poems are just 'eh.' Good luck with your final days of classes (I teach in a university and am also taking 2 college classes). I hope you don't have a full course load. Also, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Robin! The commitment to poetry for a month is definitely hard. I'm just excited that I haven't fallen off board yet. (knock on wood)

    Best of luck with your end of semester! :)

    ReplyDelete