Thursday, April 1, 2010

NaPoWriMo #1 - Shuffle a Poem

My songs:
I'm still here - Johnny Rzeznik
Tinkerbell - James Newton Howard
These Walls - Trapt
Lullaby - Orange Appeal
Butterfly - Corinne Bailey Rae



The last night

How long
have I sat behind these walls
in the castle you built me?

These walls
made of all the finest marble
and held together
with a mortar of lies.

How come I'm still here?
Do I imagine
that a brush of Tinkerbell's wings
or a lullaby
will be enough to set this right?

I'm foolish enough.
We both know that.

But even I acknowledge
that we'll never fly again:
we're a one-winged butterfly
and I'm the only one trying.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle. Great image: "a one-winged butterfly." I'll be back. And I invite you to discover my work on the NaPoWriMo 2010 page at www.gregoconnell.com - Greg =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Greg! I popped over and checked out your poetry as well. I especially liked your poem "Sexy Isles."

    Happy writing! - Michelle ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty good! I'm not the greatest poetry critic but it was pretty much awesome!

    ReplyDelete