Thursday, April 29, 2010

Liar

I knew you were lying

the second I saw her,

watched you together:

clinging, disgusting,

like a pair of mating slugs.


It turned my stomach,

both the sight and

the sudden realization

that absolutely nothing

had changed.


----
Notes: I wanted to write on prompt, but today's prompt was related to headlines. I'm part of a journalism school, and I'm so sick of all things journalism related that I wanted nothing to do with today's prompt. So, this is my submission to NaPoWriMo #29, which is really just a second intuition poem, sans free write. I liked yesterday's poem, and my free write was intuition based, but the poem just wasn't.

3 comments:

  1. VERY good post, Michelle. Yes, that type of thing does turn the stomach...I remember having that type of experience (exactly!) too well. Love the imagery you chose (mating slugs--perfect!!) for the first stanza. Sometimes it pays to go off prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have removed all the slugs from my life.
    Now it is on the quiet side but without trauma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    @rallentanda - Congratulations, that's not an easy feat to accomplish! Even with my slug extermination skills, I still seem to have one or two that I can't get rid of. And if I do manage to finally get rid of them, one or two more spring up to take their place. It's a vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete