Saturday, May 1, 2010

the faults of a sparrow

he was an eater of seeds
a generally harmless common creature
content with anything in small amounts
blunt-beaked and stubby
not at all extraordinary

she had seen a thousand sparrows
it was not him but the ruthless eagle
that she caught her eye


----
Notes: I'm currently sitting the the Newhouse labs waiting for my videos to export, so I decided to take on prompt #2. I was amazed by how little I had to say about sparrows! This is what I managed to come up with... thoughts?

The prompt was: "Write a free verse poem using "sparrows."

3 comments:

  1. Very good! It came out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, PJ! I'm going to go check yours out as soon as I finish replying to Dad's comments. :) Happy Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm sorry I'm overloaded on hw and projects this week. I dunno if i'll write something before the weekend. But that's OK... I'll do one a weekend.

    ReplyDelete