Sunday, May 23, 2010

Luxor

always sits,
watching us intently,
forever patient and understanding.
His eyes: too light, penetrating.
I wonder how deeply he sees,
how much of us he really understands.
His eyes are much too insightful, too intelligent.
His whiskered eyebrows bounce, creasing to show his concern.
He is never far away, our eternally faithful furry guardian.

----
Notes: This poem was based on the prompt "Write a poem that starts with a one word title, two words in the first line, three in the next, and continues by adding one word per line. (Variation: use as a prose exercise.)" I apologize for falling off the one-a-day bandwagon.... I fear that with the start of summer and my upcoming move, I've had other things to worry about. I will do my best to pick up the pace once I've gotten settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment