Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Saturated

The air was a sponge
gluttonously filling itself,
packing itself as full as it could,
til it was too full to breath,
suffocating and heavy.
Saturated.

And then it exploded
into a myriad of light
refracting rainbow drops
plummeting to the earth,
flashing their blinding vibrance,
full, bright and colorful.
Saturated.

They crashed into them,
onto their lips of flint and tinder,
into the space between them,
too full to bear, about to explode.
Saturated.


----
Notes: I apologize for how long I've been away. I finished my last final exam today, so I should be more reliable from now on. I'll try to catch up on the prompts I missed over the next week.

Anyway, the next prompt from The Journal was to write a poem using three different definitions of the word saturated.

No comments:

Post a Comment